For more than 2 years I have been working regularly with an artist of Indian origin, living in Eastern Europe. Many of you like and order her patterns with warm colors, clear and decorative designs.
I sell the French editions of these, but you can find the English ones on her shop (see below) Renaissance – Les Marguerites – Un chant de fleurs – Rêve d’été – Danse d’automne
Dhara Shah has just published an excellent book to guide you in your first steps in traditional embroidery.
The book consists of 6 parts:
- simple information on the supplies you need, where to get it, etc. and lots of tips to start and finish your job
- detailed explanations of 15 of the most common traditional stitches – descriptions, photos, etc.
- 6 models to be made each with a single stitch
- 7 models to make with several stitches
- 7 “functional” models – embroidered clothes, placemats, etc.
- all model designs in full size.
Why do I recommend this book? Because it offers really easy access to traditional embroidery, with pretty, modern, fresh and colorful projects. I especially like that we can practice one stitch while doing a whole project. And Dhara is a real good teacher, very generous in her explanations and advice. In addition, the book is large and sits open easily.
To get it directly from Dhara – https://www.etsy.com/in-en/shop/ChainStitchStore?ref=profile_header or on Amazon.
The content of this site is free and is not damaged by un-welcomed publicity. I do this work with love and passion but it requires a lot of time. I would like to continue to offer a wider market to our artists, to show how embroidery is a wonderful art. But I do need a little bit of help. If you feel like it, you can participate with a little donation to help me continue. I will be so grateful! Thank you! Claire